Lift or Fiberglass

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by DesrtRanger87, Jan 18, 2013.

1. DesrtRanger87

DesrtRanger87 New Member

I have a 93 Ranger with a 4in lift. Here is my situation lol. I dont know if i want to do a 3in body lift or Fiberglass front fenders. The reason for this is i want to run 35s without rubbing but still keep it a "clean" look with no cutting. Im running 33s now with no issues and it looks like 35 should fit. I want to hear opions and suggestion thank you.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

This isn’t going to help but to me the fiberglass extended fenders don’t look right.
    Yes an easier way to get room for tire travel without lifting more but they stick out too far on the side for a good looking truck; unless that is what you are into.

Just my opinion !

4. OP
    DesrtRanger87

DesrtRanger87 New Member

I agree the 3in bolge isnt to bad i think, but anything bigger is ugly. The only thing with the body lift is the amount of work that will have to go into it lol. Thank you for the thought tho it is helpful in the sence of have a "clean" looking truck.

5. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

i did a BL on my truck and it only took about 4 hrs

6. OP
    DesrtRanger87

DesrtRanger87 New Member

How difficult was it to do the sterring extension and is there an extension for the shifter its a 5 speed

7. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

8. OP
    DesrtRanger87

DesrtRanger87 New Member

Thank you, do i need the shifter extention tho?

9. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

i have heard that you can do a BL without an extension but i dont know from personal experience.... i will add that my 98 shifts alot smoother after i added the extension i have no clue why but it does....

10. OP
    DesrtRanger87

DesrtRanger87 New Member

Okay lol thank you again. Any sugs on a good BL with all the brakets and extensions?

11. 06FordFX4

06FordFX4 Canadian Redneck

Performance accessories.

12. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

you can either get a pa BL and pay a couple hundred bucks or you could get the summit BL which i have heard that its just a repackaged pa BL....

13. OP
    DesrtRanger87

DesrtRanger87 New Member

Okay cool thanks again for all the help i will start a build thread as soon as i learn how to post pics on here lol.

14. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

have you moved the pics to a site like photobucket?

15. OP
    DesrtRanger87

DesrtRanger87 New Member

No not yet.