Interior is almost done.

Discussion in 'Ranger Media' started by Shawn, Sep 25, 2012.

1. OP
    Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

Picked up a used chrome front bumper at the swap meet today for $35.00. Decent shape. The inner part is rusty but the front is okay. i will wire brush it and throw some primer/paint and undercoat on the inner part. Then I get to put that bad boy on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

4. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

that new bumper'll look great, you got a good deal on it too! what swap meet did you find it at?

5. OP
    Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

Parts a Rama in Butler,

6. OP
    Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

I got the tan seatbelts 90% in. I still have to change one bolt to finish them. Finally took that step off.
    Got the bumper prepped. Used a needle scaler and a wire brush on the inside of the bumper. Painted it with cold galvanize and undercoated. One end needs tweaked slightly. Photo is after I cold galvanized it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  7. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

Looks good!

I had a tweak with my bumper where the outside was tweaked downward...so the gap near the wheel well was angled downward. Luckily, the factory bracketry allowed me to counter-tweak. Loosened the corner bracket bolts, shoved the bumper upward, tightened bolts. 10mm bolts and there may be a 13mm in there too. Reaming out of the hole may be necessary if the tweak is severe enough.

Coming along GREAT!!!

8. OP
    Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

Well,
    hazard-maine got me thinking by offering to sell me his stainless FXii front hooks. I was cheap and did not want to spend what he wanted for them. But he did get me thinking that those hooks would look good.
    I found a fleabay ad for some other Ranger part that showed those hooks on the truck being salvaged. I figured what the heck, I messaged them and ask about the hooks. They sold them to me for $35.00 plus $13.00 shipping..Some rust on the mounting part that I cleaned up and undercoated. They will go on when I put the bumper on. Waiting to get my order for speednuts. First time they sent 1 speednut instead of 1 box. R*ckauto corrected the mistake but I am delayed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  9. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

I don't recall ever offering anyone my single spare set of LII hooks....told myself I'm not selling them after I sold the other three pairs some 3 years ago!

Looks good! AWESOME deal on those hooks!!

All the hardware on your existing painted bumper fits the new chrome bumper. I don't blame you replacing the J-nuts....those get crusty sometimes!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  10. OP
    Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

It was hazard-maine. with the hooks offer...I have since corrected my error.....:hang:.

11. OP
    Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

Well, I found another option for my truck. I just bought a used power sliding rear window. The pictures of it are not real high quality. The seller said the seals and frame are ok so we shall see when it gets here. I imagine i will need to refinish it. My slider leaks so I have to pull it out anyway. I spent more than I wanted to but still less than 1/2 of a new one. It will be a perfect option for my Lincoln Centennial.....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  12. Diablo

Diablo New Member

^ power sliding rear window SWEEEEEET

13. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

What did it come out of ?

I measured up the Sport Trac and it appears to be too big.

The truck is looking great, I like a high end Ranger, what would it be called if Lincoln did sell one of these ?

14. OP
    Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

It is made specifically for a Ranger.
    C R Laurence is the company that makes them. New they are over $400.00 usually.
    I decided to call it a Lincoln Centennial. I have the Ford 100 year anniversary badge on the dash. The 100 year anniversary was 2003, the same year as my truck. It says Ford Motor company Centennial on it. Centennial seems to fit like it was a 1 year very special edition....

15. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Great name...

Ok on the window, I have one of their double sliders, wonder if that can be electrified ? Lol.

Ltr

16. OP
    Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

Well take this wire and connect it there and this wire gets connected here....plug this in to that 240v welder outlet and...BBBBBBBZZZZAAAAPPPPPP !!!!!

Ow ow ow ow........Oh, you meant electrify it with a motor......

I can electrify ANYTHING metal.

Do eyebrows grow back?

17. Taylor

Taylor Roman 1:16

Yes they do. It does smell bad though.

Lol.

18. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

I meant what I wrote…

electrify |iˈlektrəˌfī| - verb ( -fies, -fied) [ trans. ]
    • (often be electrified) convert (a machine or system, esp. a railroad line) to the use of electrical power.
    • figurative impress greatly; thrill : he electrified the most sophisticated of audiences.

The basic use of the word was there and as you stated by I was using the “often applied usage” of changing it to a system that uses electricity to move it.

A few years back I bought my wife jewelry made out of titanium that had an electrical current passed through it, yes "electrified”.
    The jewelry turned a rainbow of colors, no it did not turn into a rainbow, it just turned the colors of the rainbow.
    Looked good, I thought, the wife did where them for a while but then hasn’t since… I guess that says it all !

LOL… !

19. OP
    Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

If I stop my bizarre sense of humor for a moment and consider a serious response. You may be able to. I imagine there is a cable connected to the base of the slider glass. I doubt that they have gone to the expense to design and extrude 2 different window channels for the Ranger. If it is the same channel, then the room is there to install the needed cable. If i designed it, I would try a closed loop cable. That way the cable is always pulling the window. The rest is just a power window motor working as a winch. You would need a device to sense the full open or closed position. An over torque limiter or 2 stop switches.

20. OP
    Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

Swapped the front bumper today. Also put on the FX4 tow hooks. It looks like a whole new truck.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Had to cut notches for the hooks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. OP
    Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

At the dealer last week picking up a new transmission mount. I like this photo. Flags in the background. Lincoln on the lightpost and a fellow black Ranger sitting beside mine.

[​IMG]