FS: Buggman's new Reverse LED's (ky)

Discussion in 'Ranger Forum Classifieds' started by buggman, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Not these, the aux lights I may get for under the bumper

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

08 Ranger Sport 4X4 New Member

Sign me up! Terry strikes again!!!!!!!!

4. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

write me down for two please i need led reverse to go with my led tail lights i been looking and nothing found

5. OP
    buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

Update

Update with pics & vids

68 led bulbs with spacer on 3157 bases. These will work for both 3156 & 3157 bulbs, dual or single brightness.

[​IMG]

click image for video
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- - -

13 amber/yellow (NOT orange) 3156/3157 led's. These are made to work as both dual or single brightness.

[​IMG]

click for video
    [​IMG]

I'd like $12 for this pair of amber/yellow led's

- - -

NEW:

18 smd white smd led's set up for 3156 or 3157 bulbs.

[​IMG]

click for video
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are nearly as bright as the 68 led's, especially in the clear corners & reverse lights.

I'd like $15 for this pair of 18 white led's
    SOLD

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  6. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

It looks like theyre pulsating in the video. When you switch to bright, it looks like they get real bright, then kinda taper off a little, and the same when you go to dims. Is this because your not actually using a relay or will it do that when installed? (regarding brake/parking lights)

7. OP
    buggman

It's probably due to the brightness of the led's & my camera... just a digital camera with video at 15fps so it doesn't take the best videos.

They do stay on constant when lit, the camera kinda freaks out when the light hits unsure:

8. OP
    buggman

Update:

Just found a pair of 63 white led 3156 bulbs I forgot I had!
    These are white, single element.

They look basically like the 63 led's on top, but they have slightly different bases.

[​IMG]

This is a pair I've modded, but they're the same style led's I'm currently running in my 01 tails.

I've seen similar 3156/3157 led's on evilBay for $24.99

I'd like $14 for this pair of white 63 led's shipped FREE in the USA

- - -

BONUS FIND!!

I also ran across a pair of RED 3157 dual brightness led's.
    I don't have a pic of these, but they're the same style 3mm & 5mm led's as the white ones above, but the bases are a little longer.

I used a set like these in my tail lights for some time & they're nice & bright.

I'd like to get $20 for this pair of red 63 led's shipped FREE in the USA

- - -

EXTRA BONUS FIND!

I have 3 PAIRS (6 bulbs total) of the red 3157 led's above they have 36 led's per bulb & are pretty bright. Not as bright as the red 63 led's, but these aren't as expensive for those of you who aren't sure if you want to spend a lot more on led's.

I'd like $8 per pair of the 36 red 3157 led's shipped FREE in the USA

The 18 white 3157's from earlier SOLD

The 63 white 3156 led's SOLD.

The 68 white 3156/3157's SOLD.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  9. El Camino Man

Makes sense. I can see why a camera would freak out with that much light lol. How much are you asking for your 63 red dual intensities? I didnt see a price for em

10. OP
    buggman

I'd like to get $20 for this pair of red 63 led's shipped FREE in the USA

My camera does pretty good video unless it's in very light or dark conditions.

11. El Camino Man

Hmm tempting... I hate bein broke lol. Im lookn at buying a house so im trying to conserve money but your always comin out with the latest greatest stuff!!!

12. RangerMan88

RangerMan88 RangA RolliN

I would love some for my reverse lights in my 2000

13. OP
    buggman

New update!

NEW item update!!

You heard it HERE first. Yup heard it, cause I don't even have any pics of these suckers yet, so I'll borrow a pic from Brinker88... he's the first one to install a set of 'em.

[​IMG]

These are the same basic design as my 68smd white led's that I will also have more of shortly, only these have a bunch more led's.

I have a VERY limited number of my mega-ultra-super-smack yo mamma LED reverse lights available. Like 2 pair limited right now.

These are 3156 base led's that should fit any OEM reverse light bulb socket (providing it uses the 3156 bulbs) Plug-n-play, remove your old bulb, install the led (taking note of the polarity mark on the led's... they only work in one direction, if they don't come on flip them 180*)

I'd like to get $25 for a pair of these white 120smd LED 3156's shipped FREE in the USA (shipping to Canada may be a few bucks more)

I hope to have more of these led's & the parts to mod them to work on our trucks shortly as well as some with slightly less led's.
    I'll be modding some of these 120smd led's with 3157 bases & dual brightness capabilities for use in brake/turn signals. They'll work in the white/clear reverse locations, red brake/turns and even in yellow/amber turns. The colors won't be as deep/vivid as when using red or amber led's, but they'll sure be bright :thumbup:

These 120smd led's will ONLY be available in WHITE, unless I find other colors that are more affordable.

The 68smd led's will be available in WHITE & RED. I'm currently waiting on more parts to mod them into both 3156 & 31157 configurations.

14. TomN

TomN RANGER!!!

pm on the way.

15. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

I still havnt gotten around to gettin pics of mine. They are super stoopid bright!

16. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

still waiting on them i'm excited to have them in my led tails

17. cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

Just bought a set of them! cant wait to get em in the truck!

18. OP
    buggman

UPdate

Little update here.

I have 2 pair (4 bulbs total) of my new 42smd led AMBER/yellow 3157 led's for turn signals.

Someone had asked about amber led's for front turn signals a little while ago, but I can't find my notes on who it was. :(

If it was you, drop me a PM & we'll get back to business with these :)
    I'll wait until the end of the week before I post them for sale just in case they don't see this post right away.

19. cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

Just got my revers led's in today...so stoked can't wait to put them in...but i have to wait for my new tail lights :(

20. 01B3000

01B3000 ORIGINAL Portable Seizure

I have a quick question, I had cheap led bulbs in my tails before, and when i hit the brakes when the markers were on, you couldnt tell i hit my brakes. I assume no problem with the 68 LED models.

21. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

for all of buggmans mods he uses super bright leds knowing what he uses and what he did for my ohc i would say if anyone was to get to close to you at a redlight and you throw it in reverse to get them to back off they would think you had a mini sun in there....