Ford Ranger History

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jon, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Jon

Jon Administrator

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Tonya Gilmore

Tonya Gilmore New Member

Great stuff. It's nice how it's broken down into the different generations on the side

4. Lenn

Lenn Semper Paratus !!

Does anyone remember seeing a Saleen Ranger in 1988? I was only 5 years old but I remember seeing one in an article not too long ago. What was so special about them?

5. Tonya Gilmore

Tonya Gilmore New Member

It was a stock 2.9 5 speed, regular cab long bed with a body kit

6. Lenn

Lenn Semper Paratus !!

Polished turd??

7. Tonya Gilmore

Tonya Gilmore New Member

Yessum! lol

8. OP
    Jon

Jon Administrator

9. Lenn

Lenn Semper Paratus !!

That'd be the one. Anyone notice the speedo?? 140mph... Maybe if you dropped it out of an airplane.

10. OP
    Jon

Jon Administrator

Yeah, I love how they put the speedo up to those ridiculous numbers. You'd be dead before you hit 140 in that.

11. Lenn

Lenn Semper Paratus !!

Well maybe not you, but anyone behind you... All that flying sheetmetal and fiberglass.

12. mccaw69

mccaw69 New Member

I have never seen one of those b4,quite interesting.I would be a scary ride if it hit 140...:eek:

13. Ham-Bone

Ham-Bone New Member

wow that is probably the worst thing i have ever seen seriously why would you bother

14. Ham-Bone

Ham-Bone New Member

okay sorry boys i was mistaken they did come with the 2,3 8-plug sorry about that. i was just reading up on them and came acrosses it. they were interduced in 1989

15. WesternPaRanger

WesternPaRanger New Member

Okay, I have to admit this.....I was going through some old sketch books of mine and I found a sketch I did of a Saleen Ranger. They actually had a racing series at the time that I think was sponsored by General Tires and as you can tell, Steve Saleen was really bored. I think the only place that ever got those was California.