Ford Focus Question

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by El Camino Man, May 20, 2012.

1. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

Hey guys! My gf has a 2002 Ford Focus. It has 150,000 miles and runnin strong! Only problem is the wipers are janky. If you shut them off when theyre halfway up the windshield, they stop where they are. They wont return to the bottom like most wipers. What would cause this? Any info is appreciated!

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. ob269

ob269 New Member

I couldnt tell ya. My old bmw did the same thing, I just got good at shutting them off at the bottom lol!

Find a forum for it and see if anyone else has the same issue..

4. OP
    El Camino Man

I did! I think I mighta found it. They say the old relays wernt that great and to replace it with a new, revised one. Worth a shot!

5. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

there is whats called a ''stop switch'' in the wiper circut that makes sure they are at the lowest position when you turn them off...sometimes that switch will go bad

6. ob269

ob269 New Member

Cool, DJ found your issue!

7. OP
    El Camino Man

Lol you can get the answer to any question on here! Say, whats next weeks lotto numbers?