Custom Engine Swap

Discussion in 'Other Engines' started by El Camino Man, Apr 19, 2012.

1. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

Hey guys! Im all about custom and love lookin at some of you guys' custom trucks. My question here is: what other engines can be/ have been swapped into a Ranger? The 5.0 swap is pretty popular and I think Iv even heard of a 351 swap but theyre not "custom" in my opinion. The coolest iv seen is a 2011 Ranger with a 5.0 Coyote swapped into it! Can you top that?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

on youtube theres one with a 460 big block and 429 cobra

4. You could go get a Mopar 540 HEMI crate engine and throw it in with some fabrication. That sucker would scream.

5. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

What Ranger year as a base??

If talking 98+, I've seen the following (online mostly, but some in person)...
    • Obligatory 5.0L (pushrod 5.0)
    • Classic SBF(289, 302)
    • More SBF(351W & C)
    • Classic BBF(390, 460)
    • 4.6L and 5.4L Modular
    • 5.0L Coyote
    • GenIII and GenIV SBC (LS1, LS3, LQ4, etcblahblah)...this would be my preferred swap
    • 4BT Cummins
    • 6BT Cummins
    • 6.0L Powerstroke
    • 2.3L/2.5L turbo swap (not so much a big deal as 99% of the others, but still wicked cool. And NO this doesn't count if a SVO Mustang or Turbo Coupe T-Bird engine is simply swapped in.

There's probably been more, but that's all I've seen online.

6. OP
    El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

Wow thats quite a list! I forgot I saw a 5.4L swap on FRF. That guy was a deutsch too. Prolly cuz hes from FRF lol. He says hed never do it again tho lol.

One of these days when the ol Ranger has 300,000 and burns more oil than I can put in er, itll have some sort of fancy engine!