Converting Bucket seats to 60/40 or bench

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by Daniel Ray Leftwich, Jan 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Daniel Ray Leftwich

Daniel Ray Leftwich New Member

Hey guys, I'm new on here. I picked up a 2008 FX4 while I was stationed in Hawaii and now that I'm back in Tennessee I've been thinking about converting my bucket seats to bench seats. Ive seen a lot of posts where people are doing 60/40 seats to the individual buckets, however I'm pretty partial to the bench style. I was just curious what models and year trucks I should be on the look out for in order to make the swap as easy as possible.

Thank you guys - Dan

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. mhoward

mhoward Member

Hello Daniel and welcome to the forum! Well, this is a first! Everyone else goes bench to buckets! LOL First thing you need to know is that seats for a regular cab pickup will have a different mounting than the ones for an extended cab, due to the floor pan being contoured differently. That being said, any seats from 1998 up will WORK. However, the style of the back portion changed in 2004, then again in 2006. That doesn't effect the function, just the look... so it would be your call as to whether you were okay with say, a 2004 bench seat in your 2008.