Anti-theft questions

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by Rfried20, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Rfried20

Rfried20 New Member

Hi All,

my 2000 Ranger was stolen from in front of our house a week and a half ago. Thanks to diligent friends, the police recovered it less than a week later. Power steering went out, and the stereo is gone, but other than that, and the guy threw away all my sons belongings that were in it, it wasn't trashed. Problem is the thief still has a key and key fob. i went to the junk yard and found an ignition cylinder and keys, as well as the door locks to the same vehicle. just have to have the keys programmed and its good to go. my question is, short of disconnecting the power locks, how can i deactivate the fob? i dont want to fix or do anything while someone else has the ability to just walk up and take off in it? any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Rangers Raiders

Rangers Raiders New Member

Can you replace the anti-theft trans-receiver? Would that do it? Can Ford reprogram the thing. (The trans-ceiver is up under the steering column in the cab I believe)

4. RangerAl

RangerAl Member

Sorry to hear about your truck. If you can start and drive our truck with the new ignition key setup. I would install another ignition kill switch that tied to the starter relay wire. A simple switch under the dash and you are good to go.

5. Joseph Willett

Joseph Willett New Member

You can Google the code I have original book where it shows get in your truck and shut the doors with the doors unlocked and you rotate the key eight times and it will set the key for the remote we can lock it and I don't like it but you can Google cheap keys and you'll be surprised what comes up