97 Ranger 2.3 airbag light

Discussion in 'Maintenance Shop' started by Hard rider, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Hard rider

Hard rider New Member

I have a 1997 Ranger with the 2.3 I am getting a airbag warning light when I start it. The code is 32 driver sensor circuit. This truck doesn't have any sensor under the driver or passenger seats, it doesn't even have a passengers side air bag. The only wires near the driver seat are in the driver seat belt clasp. Does anyone know how to fix this?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

32 means the drivers airbag circuit is either open or has high resistance

4. babyball21

babyball21 New Member

My 2000 ranger did the same thing and I tried to pulling my brothers truck out of a mud hole and my air bags deployed. Ford replaced them and said if the light comes back on to bring it in because there's a malfunction then. Hope this helps