wiring expo visors

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by mcdonald58, Mar 23, 2012.

1. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

hey guys im going to attempt to wire in my expo visors but ive got a few questions. i know i have to tape into my map light power but which one is it? also does anyone know what gauge it is so i can get the right tap connectors. any tips on grounding would be much appreciated. im thinking ill just wrap a wire around the spring and then put a ring terminal and put a washer on bottom and top then put the screw in. i really dont want to put a hole in my roof.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

I do not know what wire it is and I am not trying to be a @ss but can you drop the Map Lights and see what wire goes there.
    I will be doing the same wiring this summer so if you find the correct wire pls post.

Also, watch out if you probe the wires, Ford uses a lot of Ground-switched circuits so power will be in the wire and all it will need is a ground and you could interpret wrong.