Wiper speed adjustment not working

Discussion in '1983 - 1988 Ford Ranger' started by Mitchman, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Mitchman

Mitchman Member

Hey. my name is mitch and i have an 88 ranger xlt. the wiper speed adjustment dial dont work. if i turn it off full boar, they stop working all together until i turn it back. Fuse, Relay, what would it be??? Also wanna know where my cabin filter is. the air fan is blowin dust, pine needles, and random crap out all over me and the dash when i turn it on high.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Just,guessing, maybe the variable speed control itself.
    Find another in the JY and see.
    Chances are if it is the switch, you will not be able to locate one new, maybe Rock Auto may have something.

Post your results.

4. OP
    Mitchman

Mitchman Member

Yeah. i could see that. if there is a point of contact in there thats worn down, then it would account for needing a new switch from a jy or an autoshop site like jcwhitney.

5. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

The year of the truck is what will hurt you the most, if small parts are still made for it.

I owned an '88 Ranger STX, took out the 2.9L and put in a 5.0L with auto, really liked that truck.

I don't remember for sure wasn't the switch a knob on the dash ?

Might not be too hard to find something.

Good luck on your search.

6. OP
    Mitchman

Mitchman Member

In my 88, the switch is right next to the blinker control. thank you. i'll try jcwhitney, rock auto, etc... might find something.