winter mod.....

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by klinger86, Dec 5, 2011.

1. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

i finally went and picked up my winter mod that hopefully will take me all winter to work on i know they look like chit right now but hopefully they will turn into something beautiful for my truck.... oh and as always cant beat the price i paid for them..... FREE...... well onto pics

[​IMG]

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

Get to sanding!

4. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

yeah i know i'm gonna sand the hell outta them and then shoot them with some bed liner and then hopefully when i repair the bed in the spring i chould have enough cash to get the BL and put it on at the same time as the steps.....

5. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

Nice. Sounds like you got everything well planned out.

6. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

looking good. it will buff right out

7. Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

need to be black man!! keep us posted

8. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

got one about half sanded tonight before i stopped for the night..... gonna start again in the morning.... on the one without the step i gotta see if i can get it welded back up there is a small crack from where they had been sitting for a few years and water got inside them and froze.... not really that big of a crack but better safe then sorry.....

9. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Nice man! Use the 3m rust and paint stripping pads with a grinder, that stuff will come off quick!

10. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

where do you get the pads at? i was gonna go get a wire brush for the grinder but if they work better than i'll use them.....

11. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Yeah they work well. Try looking at any hardware store, home depot, loews..

12. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

cool thanks man

13. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Anytime dude, just put the bars in a vise, the grinder may kick them out on ya so the vise may be a necessary tool

14. Captured Time

ace is the place bro..

15. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

that would work but ace left my town and i dont think there is one even close enough for me to drive to..... lol

16. Captured Time

oh well that dose suck than

17. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

I got a paint stripper thingie for a drill at WallyWorld. Don't know how long it will last, but it's like a black plastic brillo pad on steroids.

18. Captured Time

hw many time have you used it?

19. ob269

ob269 New Member

That thing is the ****. We use those for our body work (and by we I mean me and my buddy, we don't have a body shop) and they eat the **** out of paint and surface rust and they just don't deteriorate.. hours of stripping and still going strong..

20. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

for the missing step i am thinking about either trying to order a new one from deezee or go out and see if i can have some diamond late cut and bent to fit the steps what do you guys think? if i go get diamond plate cut i'll have it cut for both steps....

21. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Hey, if your interested im taking my black steps and mounts off friday and putting on rock sliders... 50$ and there yours.