Where should I put the cb antenna(s)?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Codyhurly64, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Codyhurly64

Codyhurly64 New Member

Hey guys, I'm looking into getting a cb for my truck. Do you guys think the antenna(s) would look out of place on my truck or not? if not, where should I mount them/it? I'll attach a couple pics to help you guys out. Thanks!

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

well since you have the bed cover, your kinda limited, you could get the magnetic whip and mount it to the roof

4. OP
    Codyhurly64

Codyhurly64 New Member

I always hate how that looks when other people do that! haha

5. hazard-maine

you can alway do one like morgan [​IMG]

6. FFparker

FFparker Shamrock

Like Morgan or at the lower part of the tail gate

7. carrkool

carrkool New Member

you can buy a mirror mount like us truckers use. take the back plate off and mount it to the side of the rear bumper requires drilling 4 small holes. about 3/8 hole size. just decide what ant you will be going with if you go with a k 40 or wilson3000 watch the clearance from the coil pack and the body normaly the coil sits about at the rear light no need to put duals on expect dor looks they will be so close they will cross recieve and cause your radio be work worse not better. what radio are you going to go with.

also buy only they closes length coax you need buying 18 ft when you need 6 mess with it also. and any left over needs to be snaked out~~~~~like so not coiled a coiled coax will mess up you swrs which mess with your radios power in and out

8. hazard-maine

or not drill into the bumper and instead get a mount that will just use and already bolt

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012
  9. carrkool

carrkool New Member

ok hazard-maine no need for names. its a point to mount no different than drilling holes in your frame for nerf bars. guy has a truck with a cover looking for spots to mount and does not want a mag mount. so he is limited he could by a crap looking hood mount that mounts to the fender body bolts stick up through the hood and to me looks like **** or he could try a dozen other ways not need to bash an idea because you personal dont want to add things to the outside