What to look for on a 1990 Ranger

Discussion in '1989 - 1992 Ford Ranger' started by vanillathunder72, Apr 2, 2011.

1. vanillathunder72

vanillathunder72 New Member

Im looking at buying a 1990 with the 2.9l v6 and auto trans. What should i look for any help would be great... It has push button 4x4 that works

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. robdon859

robdon859 New Member

be sure to check the frame for rust shackles,leaf springs are known to go, and the core supports are usually gone in them so be sure to ceck that too... 2.9 are notorious for oil leaks, the automatic hubs are junk if there not out already the will be soon, if the rubber boot on the drive shaft is still on it be sure to check to yoke the boots hold water and rust tem out bad they snap real easy, old rangers have many issuess but fun trucks i have an 1989 2.9 i love it but they take some work