What fuse do I need to tap?

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by 00redranger, Jan 18, 2012.

1. 00redranger

00redranger New Member

Is there a fuse that only gets power when the dome lights are on, or is the dome light fuse a constant 12v?

If the dome light fuse only gets power when the dome light is on (ie, switch all the way up or doors open), which fuse number is it?

So cold to multimeter the fuses one by one :(

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

i know the dome light is number 27 not sure if it's constant or not.

4. OP
    00redranger

00redranger New Member

Nope, no #27

[​IMG]

5. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

sorry it's fuse 26.... god i always screw that number up.... lol

6. OP
    00redranger

00redranger New Member

Looks like fuse #26 is switched power, only active when the dome light is on (door open or dimmer switched to the dome position.)

7. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

i doubt it cuz it looks like it has the battery saver relay along with the gem and a couple other things with it....

8. OP
    00redranger

00redranger New Member

I have a 2000 XL. No battery saver, perhaps my leads weren't contacting the fuse socket (had two wires, one wrapped around each leg of the fuse, then stuck the fuse in, shut the door, and tested.)

9. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Dome light works off of a negative ground circuit, so watch your wiring.

What are you trying to do ?