turning singal help!!

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by 1995-350, Jun 19, 2012.

1. 1995-350

1995-350 New Member

okay so i got my ranger but a problum that i thought a new fuse wuild fix didnt work so i need help figureing out why wen i turn my turning singals on noting happens and wen i hit my emergency flashers noting at all happens done looked in the collum and the wires are hooked to the thing any help is very much appreciated

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

have you checked your bulbs? they might be burnt out.

4. OP
    1995-350

1995-350 New Member

thay ant burnt couse the park lights still work but noting comes on evan the sound thay make dont work and the intrument cluster shows thay dont

5. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

cluster could be bad. do all other functions on the cluster work? like lights and such.

6. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Sounds like a relay went bad. Check the fuse/relay box under the hood. Driverside next to the battery.

7. OP
    1995-350

1995-350 New Member

i have had 3 interment clusters in it original one 1995 model diffrent one out of a automatic 2002 and one out of a 2004 explore automatic and in all of tham thay wuildent work and all other lights work ill try to take a video wen i get my camera

8. OP
    1995-350

1995-350 New Member

how do i tell what relay is what i dont have a user manual and it says consult user manual

9. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Your turn signal relay will be a large BLUE square relay. I believe in your truck it is behind the dash. Look up underneath, toward the passenger side for a black covered box, pop the lid and the relay should be right there.

10. OP
    1995-350

1995-350 New Member

thanks Hooligan ill look at that wen i get home today

11. OP
    1995-350

1995-350 New Member

okay so there is only 2 relay in the box and no blue one is there suposed to be more

12. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Which relay box are you looking in?

13. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Ok, I just looked some stuff up. The turn signal flasher and hazard flasher are in the fuse panel below the steering column. Pop the cover off, the flasher unit is mounted on the front of the panel and the hazard flasher is mounted on the rear of the panel.

14. OP
    1995-350

1995-350 New Member

okay so i got it fixed seams there wus a fuse in the box that i over looked all lights are now working thanks for everyone help:)

15. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Good deal!