Transmission issues

Discussion in 'Drivetrain Tech' started by dragracer969, Aug 3, 2012.

1. dragracer969

dragracer969 New Member

I was driving to work this morning and my clutch decided to just go to the floor and stop working. Well since i was in the middle of traffic I didn't have much of a choice but limp it along or get hit.

The issue now besides my clutch being non-existent is that when I go to put it in 2nd gear it feels like nothing is there and when i was driving I tried to pull the shifter into second and all it would do would grind.

Did I take out the synchro or is it just because my clutch is screwed? It will go into other gears without grinding.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my MB865 using Forum Runner

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Sounds like your slave cyl. just took a **** bro.

4. OP
    dragracer969

dragracer969 New Member

Awesome. Especially since I just replaced it a year ago.

You think I hurt the tranny too?

Sent from my MB865 using Forum Runner

5. OP
    dragracer969

dragracer969 New Member

Ok the trans is definitely toast in one form or another.

What I need to know now is if there are any major design differences between the different years of trucks the M5OD-R1 came in? I am going to be making a trip to the junkyard this weekend and don't want to get home and halfway through putting the new trans in and realize there is something different that won't work in my truck or there was something else I should have grabbed off the truck I pulled it out of.