Transfer case? U joint?

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by Redneck_ranger, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Not sure where I should've put this thread, so I put it here. When I was out wheeling sunday and today, I noticed a few times that when I shifted into 4 wheel drive and when I stepped on the gas, a loud clicking would come from underneath the truck. I noticed it happened more when I put strain on the truck, and I didn't feel it slipping at all so I'm thinking it may be a U-joint. But it only happens when I'm in 4wd, never in 2. So it's either a front U joint or something in the t case.... Any ideas?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

:rolleyes: I have a GREAT idea. Hunker your ass down under the truck and check for anything out of the ordinary! :thumbsup:

4. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

What would be "out of the ordinary"? The truck rides fine on the road. Smooth sailing. The U joint seems fine because it wasn't loose when I checked it sunday.

5. Brinker88

How bout you hold off til Saturday and I'll check the truck over for you. Deal?

6. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Sounds like a plan. Actually, that's exactly what I was just thinking lol You're gonna have a field day looking over it. Haha.

7. Brinker88

Im sure...

8. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

lol Don't worry, I'll clean her up all nice...again. haha. But thanks man, I appreciate it.

9. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Alright, found out it is a U joint.....thankfully. Cheap and somewhat easy fix!

10. Pete, I know you want to hear this so , Go get a different truck lol just eeffing with ya man

11. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I'm saving up to go halves with my dad on a stang GT.

12. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

u know im just waiting for him to fix everything. then ill trade him my turbo ranger :p

13. you should have your dad take you to hooters some night forget the stang get some PUTANG!!!

14. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

At my doc's appointment on Monday we drove right past one. I wanted to go but my mom didn't... lol

15. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

we all go to hooters for the hot wings ;)

16. she might like it too? ya never know

17. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

dude the wings suck there, but the boobs in your face are great

18. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

i know the food at hooters does suck! but i like the women

19. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Oh god... I'm NOT responsible for the derailment of this thread. Haha

20. I might be sorry

21. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

yeah they really need to have better food, for ****ty food your paying alot, but the boobs do make it better