trans problem

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by thissjustin, Mar 22, 2009.

1. thissjustin

thissjustin New Member

2001 3.0L auto. has 2-3 shift issue only when started and immediately driven. shifts out of 2nd but will not engage 3rd (like put in neutral). engine revs and have to burp thottle to get to shift. will only happen about first 30 seconds of driving. one or two shift cyles. then will not happen for sometimes weeks. no codes. trans re-built. new pump, converter, valve body, pcm. all oem parts. found pcm update but assume has latest software when pcm was installed. stumped in ohio?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Jon

Jon Administrator

Welcome to the site. Sorry you're having problems...I'm sure some members can help you out.

4. Bill

Bill New Member

Sorry bud, no help here. Thought of a couple of questions, full of fluid? The correct type of fluid?

5. 99Ranger4x4

99Ranger4x4 Truck Accessory Retailer

You have me stumped also. It "sounds" like a low fluid issue or maybe even a torque converter. My parents car had the same problem but with 1-2 and it ended up being the converter. There is a chance you could have gotten a bad one, converters can be a funny thing.