1. DesrtRanger87

DesrtRanger87 New Member

OKay so im in the market for larger tires i was looking/leaning toward the General Grabber FR dot tires. Does anyone have them or heard anything about them? I will be running 35x12.50r15 with a 4in suspension 3in BL. Im looking for a good all around tire but not an all terrain lol.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. 06FordFX4

06FordFX4 Canadian Redneck

Grabbers suck on anything but sand.
    On a raptor forum where tons of guys ran them, now, no one runs them anymore cept a few here and there.

There are much better options for a vehicle that will see all kinds if conditions.

4. OP
    DesrtRanger87

DesrtRanger87 New Member

What would be a good tire for less than 1000 for all 4

5. 06FordFX4

Well, you said you didn't want an all terrain, why?

What if suggest is falken wildpeaks, or Goodyear duratracs. Both are all terrains, and both are great tires in all conditions. Lacking only slightly in deep mud performance. But will still easily handle light mudding.

6. OP
    DesrtRanger87

DesrtRanger87 New Member

I like the look of the MTs nothing against ATs i was looking at the wildpeaks and alot of reviews said it had a weak sidewall felt spongy. Do they have the dura trac in 35s iv only been able to find them in 31s.

7. 06FordFX4

Yep they have em in 35's
    And the falkens have the typical 3 ply sidewall.

It's the duratracs that have the weaker 2 ply sidewall. I've had no problems with my falkens feeling spongy. Just keep the right psi in em and good to go. They air down to about 8-10 psi to be perfect for me Offroad. (32" tires 15" wheels)

If you want a mud tire. Lots of people like the toyo open country MT. They are a heavy tire though. Also I haven't heard many complaints at all with the BFG KM2's. I think either of those with the centre treads siped would be killer.

Btw I'm going with what I've heard on raptor forum, since they all run 35's and you want a 35.

8. OP
    DesrtRanger87

DesrtRanger87 New Member

Okay thank you again for the help is there a website you have for those falken tires?

9. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I myself have had a few sets from 33" tires to 35". I highly recommend (yes it's an A/T tire) Firestone Destinations. Out of BFG, Goodyear Wrangler silent armors, and general grabbers, the Firestones blew them away in every condition they went through, from snow, to ice, to mud.

10. 03crewcab

03crewcab Real Trucks Rattle

I used to have Pirelli Scorpion AT. They were awful tires even on dry pavement. Switched to Firestone Destination ATs and they have handled amazing under rain/wet payment. No snow where I live. But I've climbed a couple of dirt hills on 2wd easily. No annoying road noise. Almost 2 years with them and they look as good as new.

11. OP
    DesrtRanger87

DesrtRanger87 New Member

So i took 06FordFX4 recommendation and Went with the Falken Wildpeak AT's they are a good looking tire I went with 33's nice smooth and quiet. Thanks for the advice

12. 06FordFX4

No problem. They're really are insanely quiet aren't they lol.

I drove around my town for ten minutes admiring how quiet they were haha.

Hope they work well for ya. I'll be jumping up to 33's when my 32's wear out.