tinted headlight covers.

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by ranger rebel, Mar 22, 2009.

1. ranger rebel

ranger rebel New Member

i have an 08 ranger and trying to find tinted headlamp shades for it.. does anyone know what year fits this... tried canadian tire, they say they dont make it for that model year.. any ideas.:jester:

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. 99Ranger4x4

99Ranger4x4 Truck Accessory Retailer

They make them. The part number from Lund (or Auto Vent Shade (same company)) is 37803. You probably can find them cheaper somewhere else but I can get you a set for $80 plus shipping. It is the same for all 2001 and up Rangers. They may not have a updated catalog. Let me know if I can be of any help. :thumbsup:

4. Jon

Jon Administrator

Tinted headlight covers are sweet!! Love that look.

5. Chapman

Chapman F150

6. Jon

Jon Administrator

How does the tint effect how much light gets put out in front of the car....so you can actually see where you are going at night?

7. Tonya Gilmore

Tonya Gilmore New Member

Headlight covers are definitely the cheaper alternative, but the black headlights look a lot cleaner & they don't make it hard to see at night with your lights on lol. What color truck do you have?

8. Jon

Jon Administrator

I was seeing where tinted covers can reduce your light output by up to 35%! I can't imagine that is legal?!?!

9. Tonya Gilmore

Tonya Gilmore New Member

Technically they're not, but I've never heard of anybody gettin in a whole lot of trouble for em

10. Jon

Jon Administrator

Probably like tint on windows. Not legal, but the cops hardly ever pull someone over for it.