Sticky throttle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jamey E, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Jamey E

Jamey E Member

I've got a question for you guy. My son has a 02' Ford Escape with a 4cyl. When you lift off the gas the throttle sticks for a few seconds, wether you rev it in neutral or are in drive. Any ideas on a fix for this problem???? Thanks

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. mhoward

mhoward Member

Might want to clean the throttle body and linkage. Maybe check for kinks or binding in the cable itself.

4. OP
    Jamey E

Jamey E Member

Will do. Thanks

5. ZappyBear

ZappyBear Member

Mhoward is probably going to think my truck is crazy because it's got so many similar problems related to so many others on here. But I'd go for possibly a sticky iac if mhoward's ideas check out. My truck will hang just above 1000 rpm if I bump the throttle in neutral, or in gear with the clutch depressed. Edit: I forgot to add I already cleaned my throttle body and lubed the cable.

6. mhoward

mhoward Member

@ZappyBear: Nah, the truck isn't crazy... most likely it's the driver! LMAO :)

7. ZappyBear

ZappyBear Member

Hahaha, probably. The truck's history though. The poor thing was a mudding truck from stock. The neighbors I bought it from would take it out to the field and beat the hell out of it. The reason I ended up with it was because it made an abrupt stop in the middle of a mud puddle before they parked it. It's still got small problems but otherwise works wonderful after rebuilding the tranny. I'm just waiting for it to explode because, well, I touched it.

8. OP
    Jamey E

Jamey E Member

Trust me, I know the feeling!