Should I Trade?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by El Camino Man, Feb 15, 2012.

1. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

Hey guys! Iv got a deal goin on with my cousin. He wants my rims off my truck and I want some paint for my El Camino. My rims are some Shelby GT500 18s and hes got some Copperhead Metallic paint. To give you an idea, heres some pics:

Heres the paint color:

[​IMG]

Heres my rims:

[​IMG]

Whatdya guys think? I figure you guys will lean towards the rims since this is a Ranger forum and not an El Camino forum lol

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Some, as in enough to paint your truck? That ****'s mad expensive

4. OP
    El Camino Man

Paint the El Camino yea lol. Its pretty expensive. Depending if I wanna go single stage (paint and clear in one) or dual stage (have to put the clear down myself) itll cost between $200 and (I thought he said) $900. But he gets it at his cost too lol

5. OP
    El Camino Man

And of course Ill do it myself so theres no labor added to it

6. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

I wouldnt go single stage with a metallic paint like that. You need a clearcoat over something like that. I would stick to topcoat/clearcoat. It will be more expensive, but well worth it in the long run.

My truck's painted with single stage btw.

7. OP
    El Camino Man

I think Id prefer a 2 stage just because Id have the added protection of a clear coat. My current paint has chips out the azz. Best part about living on gravel...

8. Okay, just out of curiosity.... WTF is with the F150 tails? Lmfao. And I think you should keep the rims man. They look good on your truck!

9. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

pic of the car?

10. do it as long as he is buying the 5 coats of clear too

11. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

If its enough to do the entire job then you should do it. Do you have another set of rims?

12. ob269

ob269 New Member

They're photoshopped Pete!

13. Obviously... lol I wanna know WHY? hahaha

14. ob269

ob269 New Member

My guess is either to see if anyone would notice it, or he wants to see what they'd be like

15. nicksranger01

nicksranger01 New Member

dude if you can get the copperhead paint do it, that is Stacey David's best build EVER

16. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

idk i say do it if ur going to paint it and it is already in mint condition with no rust

17. OP
    El Camino Man

Lol I forgot I photoshopped those tails in there. I was just curious what theyd look like lol.

As for the rims, yes I have my originals. The weird Y-spoke lookin ones (a $750 option!!!)

And if I decide to repaint it, its got a few rust spots that need fixed. Nothing major, just that common area behind the back tires. Shes got some battle scars with some dents and scratches everywhere. But if youve ever seen my El Camino (which you can from my very first Introduction thread) then youll see I have painted to match rims... Id have to either repaint them or buy some new ones.

18. Make a garage up for the truck and El Camino already so we can see it! Haha

19. OP
    El Camino Man

Lol ok. Ill do that

20. OP
    El Camino Man

Garage is up!

21. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

i'd only do the trade if there's enough paint & clear to do at least a 2 stage. single stage turns out ok too, but they can be done for much less $$.

BTW, that el camino would look sick in orange!!