Secondary coil will not fire

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Vern, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Vern

Vern New Member

Is there anyone who can help me figure-out why my secondary coil on my '96 2.3 liter won't create spark? I've installed a new camshaft sensor and the coil itself. While running the 2 probe wires show a constant current. Checking the primary coil,the probe wires show a pulsing current. The book says that the camshaft sensor signals the secondary coil to fire. Also, there is power to the coil through the hot(center) wire,just the same as the primary, so I know it's getting it's juice. I'd sure appreciate someone who can help me solve my dilemma. I can't afford a real mechanic. Thanks, Vern

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

That wire actually runs back to the transmisson somehow...there's a ground wire that's hooked up and tends to melt off sometimes...I believe it's orange.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011