seat swaps what works?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZRanger28, Feb 19, 2012.

1. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

what all seats swap into the ranger regular cabs?

i want buckets cause i hate my 60/40 splits

i cant find any sets of buckets out of a ranger around me either

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Explorer buckets may work...Troy would be the best to consult

4. drppdyllwrngr

drppdyllwrngr Member

5. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

What about newer Rangers? Iv always wondered

6. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

i am going to be selling my fx4 buckets. red and black seats

7. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

For how much?

8. Demon

possible top $300 trying to make my cash back for my custom seats and these red and black ones are not easy to find

9. doyouquaxu

doyouquaxu FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

easiest thing to do is get explorer buckets and then take the seat sliders/mounts that bolt to the floor of the ranger and put them on the new seats. i did that on mine, the stock expo mounts don't line up to all 4 holes.

10. Demon

^^^ bingo

11. drppdyllwrngr

drppdyllwrngr Member

2010+ is going to be extremely difficult to do any seat swaps in due to the air bags. 06+ is almost as hard, as they have weight sensors in them.

98-05 ext cabs are as easy as getting explorer tracks, and then bolting anything on the list up to them. to make life easier, stay away from power unless you are using explorer seats.

98-05 reg cabs, find a set of 93-7 reg cab tracks, modify them to fit the floor, then bolt up anything on the list.

12. OP
    ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

what years of explorer buckets work?

13. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

good thread, found what i was looking for lol. now to look for seats and 93-97 reg cab tracks!

14. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

i think 95-01 would be what to look for based on ones ive seen in trucks on forums

15. Stan Reeves

Stan Reeves New Member

I hate the black and red buckets in my 2005 STX Ranger ( extended cab ) they are very uncomfortable on long trips. I found 60 /40 seats at a wrecking yard in a 2005 XLT Ranger. Will they bolt up to the rails in my STX ?