SEAFOAMing a 3.0

Discussion in '3.0 Engine' started by gcextreme, Apr 5, 2012.

1. gcextreme

gcextreme GCEXTREME Vendor

Everyone should know what SeaFoam is, lol.

I use it in my gas every now and then, and put some in the crankcase about 100 miles before an oil change.
    But I have yet to put it in the PVH, PCV, Vac lines to decarbonize the engine.

What Vac or PVH line should i use?? If possible post a pic of the line, thanks.
    Who has done this before?? Good results???

Thanks.

For more SeaFoam info:
    http://www.seafoamsales.com/how-to-use-sea-foam-motor-treatment.html

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. ob269

ob269 New Member

I used it when I first bought my truck(July 11) and then again about 6 months later. I saw a video on youtube where the guy used the brake booster line. Worked great for me both times..

4. OP
    gcextreme

yeah i need to know where this break booster and break booster line is, lol... i have searched and searched, i must be blind.

5. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

the brake booster is just behind the brake master cylinder and the booster line attaches to the front of the booster generally closer to the engine....

6. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

The backwards "L" shaped hose attached to the master cylinder is the one. I did it, didnt see much of a change, but I am willing to try it again

7. OP
    gcextreme

Thanks, i will check into that tomorrow.

8. Saw a massive change in the Dakota when I did it. Gained about 4 mpg on the highway and ran a ton smoother. And yeah, brake line booster.

9. OP
    gcextreme

Yeah my new motor, is like 5 years old, with about 55K on it.
    Just hoping this helps my current problem.

Did a spark plug change, cleaned MAF and PCV? thing.
    Was running bad, losing power, couldn't get up above 60/65.
    Got a CEL errors, P0302 misfire in #2 and P0174 Sys running lean (bank 2)
    Seems to be running better now tho, but only put about 20 miles on it with no CEL.
    May have to get a new coil pack, plug wires, catalytic converter?
    Have to wait and see.

So after doing all this, i figure i should do a seafoam treatment.

10. It should help you unless you have a blocked fuel line somewhere