Rolled the Ranger

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by 3lemental, Mar 14, 2011.

1. 3lemental

3lemental 2011 Ranger

After a freak rain, during a winter day, black ice was made in seconds & I hit the snowbank going sideways, rolling the ranger onto its roof. Was slowing down from 70km/h when I lost control, and walked away without a bruise. Even finished the work day.

The point is (other than my bad luck) I learned some things about my insurance I'd like to recommend. If you have a newer Ranger, pay for the clause that covers vehicle depreciation. This saved my skin. The Ranger I crashed was an '09, and 2 1/2 weeks later I'm driving an '11. I'm out $50.00 from pocket.

The other thing we had, was the first at fault accident isn't counted. I recommend these 2 things, never thinking I'd use them, they are awsome.

The '11 Ranger is excellent. Am sad this is the last year.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. glad it all turned out ok and you were not injured.
    any pics of the departed 09 ranger?

4. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Glad you are ok man. Yes definately get the coverage, its called "gap" coverage and I learned the hard way!

5. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

08 Ranger Sport 4X4 New Member

Gap insurance is definately a must. Well worth it. And post some pics of the battered beast and some pics of the new ones. Are you able to part out anything off the wrecked one?

6. OP
    3lemental

3lemental 2011 Ranger

Didn't get anything off the 2009 Ranger, other than my tools. The insurance company owns the truck for parts, so an extra set of tires and rims weren't possible.

Found the picture section of the forum, so here are some: http://www.rangerforum.net/members/3lemental-1147/albums/crumple-crumple-roll/

2 pics are from the scene, now called 'matt's hill'. I hate the guys at work just a little more now. Both are the same pic, just rotated 180. A neighbour took this one - it looks right-side-up, then you notice the shovel. The other pics are from the auto body shop.

7. wyman00

wyman00 5.0 Ranger driver

That sucks dude! But at least you got an even better truck!

8. DiabloBlanco

DiabloBlanco Those Damn Kids

damn that sucks glad you are ok!

9. PeterMartin

PeterMartin Guest

Car dealers

Insurance is must whether it is ranger or a human or the property, to have the assurance of the reclaim.

10. rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

x2 on insurance, glad youre ok dude