replacing battery terminals

Discussion in 'Maintenance Shop' started by mcdonald58, Aug 31, 2012.

1. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

"It's so easy a caveman could do it" (Registered trademark of Geiko)

4. get some from buggman, ha has some great battery terminals

if you have other items you want to run off the battery you have places to do so. here are my terminals I bought from Terry

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2012
  5. Pbav8tor

Pbav8tor Old Fart

Buggman yes, others no.

6. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

i think ill just go with some of the basic autocraft ones for the truck since i hope to be selling it soon and i dont have that much money.

7. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

If you're gonna get rid of the truck in a short time, just grab some cheap terminals from walmart.
    If you plan on keeping the truck for a while, grab a set of my terminals. :)

They'll give you more options for accessories.

Cut the old wires near the old terminals and screw down the new terminals. Simple as pie.

8. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

i got some terminals today. ill be putting them on tomorrow in my auto tech class.

9. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

do not use those cheap piece of crap autocrap ones!!! you are just asking to corrosion to get into the wire and cause starting, and other electrical problems. just do yourself a favor and instead of being broken down at 3AM in a blizzard buy a new cable please.... or if your gonna sell it well do whatever not me who deals with the angry buyer when he calls saying its junk