Radiator Flush (Need Help)

Discussion in '1989 - 1992 Ford Ranger' started by BatGirl, Mar 5, 2012.

1. BatGirl

BatGirl New Member

Hey all,

I'm getting ready to flush the radiator in my 92 ranger 4cyl, where is the drain plug?

I'm no stranger to the underbelly of a car, but I've never worked on this truck before, so I don't know what I'm looking for and don't want to screw it up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm new to this forum so I'll make this my introduction as well.

My name is Rachel, I drive a truck and ride a motorcycle. Short and sweet.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Passenger side lower corner. But its a lot easier just to remove the lower rad. hose for the drain and remove the upper rad. hose to put the water through. When the truck gets that old, you can bust the plastic wing nut off in the radiator. PITA to remove it.

4. ob269

ob269 New Member

My thoughts too Brad.. that's how I do it..

5. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

i know on my truck brad the drain is on the drivers side.... and taking the lower radiator hose off the radiator is alot easier and cheaper if you have to replace the hose.....

6. OP
    BatGirl

BatGirl New Member

Found it. Driver's side, lower rear corner of the radiator. Looks like the previous owner snapped off one of the wings, but it was no problem to loosen. Just ran the flush/water solution through and waiting for the truck to cool down. I'll probably replace the hoses and clamps next time I flush it out. Thanks for the advice everyone :)