Race question

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by WC Bob, Sep 4, 2012.

1. WC Bob

WC Bob New Member

Can't find what I'm looking for so I'll just post here. I have a 1999 Mazda B2500, 2WD, non ABS, which is the same as a Ranger. I'm replacing the rotors and bearings and here's my question. I have a race seat tool but the race is not seating enough to place the bearing (inner, the big one) in it and seat the seal properly. Does the race have to be pressed in on new rotors? Thanks.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Post broken into its own thread....should get more attention and better responses.

Welcome to the site

4. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Apparently the prior thread merge didnt work so well. Hopefully this will do it. THAT was my point.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  5. 01B3000

01B3000 ORIGINAL Portable Seizure

Yes, I did the bearings on my truck a while ago, normally you have to put it in with a race setting tool with a hammer. You have to put some force on it to seat them all the way.

6. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

I just use a brass chisel. Easy way to do it is put the race in the freezer for a day or so.

7. OP
    WC Bob

WC Bob New Member

Thanks for the responses. Found out that the new disc/hub have the races already installed, duh, can't put two pounds in a one pound sack. Live and learn!!

By the way, Hooligan, I still don't get it. I'm not that "forum" savvy so I'll leave well enough alone. Thanks for whatever you we're trying to convey to me and thanks for letting me be part of the forum....

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  8. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

I would personally NEVER trust those "races" that come pre-installed in the hub/rotor assembly. I ALWAYS pound them out and put a quality race/bearing set in (National/Timken). But then again, that's just me. I push my truck to it's limits.