po1401 code

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by 04radojm, Mar 13, 2009.

1. 04radojm

04radojm New Member

i have a 1999 ford ranger with a po1401 code anyone have any suggestions.:furious:

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Jon

Jon Administrator

Welcome radojm!

4. Rangerak

Rangerak New Member

In my Haynes manual the code being thrown at ya P0141 says that it is a malfunction of your downstream oxygen sensor. But my book is for Rangers from 2000 through 2005. It also says that it is for bank number 1. You do not mention what type and engine size you have. I double checked for you on a site for OBII diagnostics and they agreed with my Haynes manual. Here is the link you can go to:

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0141

Welcome aboard,
    R

5. Jon

Jon Administrator

Thanks rangerak...I think that link will be useful!

6. Bill

Bill New Member

My code book says the P01401 is for the DPFE stuff. My 02 F150 has that and there was alot of problems with that sensor. $60.00 and two minutes to change.

7. eddiejoe56

eddiejoe56 New Member

Can anyone tell me which side is "Bank 1"?
    Also, I assume "Sensor 1" is the pre-converter sensor;- is this correct?

Thanks, Ed

8. Bill

Bill New Member

Bank 1 is passenger side, cyls 1-3, front to rear.