Passenger side wiper

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by Jbrown, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Jbrown

Jbrown New Member

Hello all, I'm new here. Just bought my 2002 ranger 2.3l and the right wiper doesn't work. It moves freely when I move it with my hand... How hard of a job will it be to fix this? Any ideas what the problem could be? Thanks

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Richard1316

Richard1316 New Member

Never had an issue with that on my 2000 or 2011 so I've never done it but here's a video of a motor replacement. Might give you a little better understanding of where everything's at

4. Sean McG

Sean McG New Member

Hey, I think the linkage is broken. It could be a faulty plastic part or a worn rivet. And if I recall correctly, it requires taking out the entire wiper motor. That said, look for a mid-firewall access panel that may give you access to that linkage. If your model has it, it could prevent a complete removal. If not, bummer reality will have you unbolting the motor, wiring nd taking off the wipers.

A couple tips that may help. Use some blue painters tape and mark the "off" position of the wipers on your windscreen and / or use liquid white-out to mark the shaft to wiper arm position before removing the arms. These will help with realignment.