OHC light question

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Redneck_ranger, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Alright, I am going to install my OHC tomorrow, or at least attempt, and I took the lights out to examine them if they needed bulbs, since I was going out to get t taps anyways. I noticed that the copper around the bulb on one side was broken and no longer made contact on one of the bulbs. Here's a pic:
    [​IMG]

My question is; will it still work? Or do I need to replace something or get a new console? Or would Bugg's LED mod take care of it? Thanks fellas

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

I believe the copper contact is separated for a reason... one side will be the ground & the other side will be 12v. I could be wrong, but I think that's how the oem lights work.

I've taken a bunch of 'em apart & tossed 'em in my parts box, but never really gave 'em a good investigation. unsure:

Of course you could always just grab one of my led panels & never be bothered with it again :yes:
    </end shameless plug>

4. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Does your panel eliminate these? I was planning on getting one eventually anyways... And no, it broke when I took the bulb out. Ahem... Whoops? lol anyways, can you post a pic of how they go in? That would help me a TON.

5. buggman

This LINK should clear it up for 'ya

The pics are kinda old & I've made some improvements to the design... the more I do, the more ideas I get on how to do 'em better :)

6. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Ah, alright. It plugs into the little black pluggy thing. I'll see if this still works for now, but you'll definitely be hearing from me soon about LEDs.

7. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

Yes get buggmans led panel it will be like having the sun in your truck. That thing is the ****. Got one cuz my light panel did the same as yours.

8. ob269

ob269 New Member

Get his LED lights for the stang dome.. those along are like having the sun in your truck, I can only imagine what the ohc panel is like..

Hey Terry, does your OHC panel rub on 2 circuits? Like can I turn half on n use it as the dope scope?(dome light, dope scope just sounds funnier)

9. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

What his led panel does is when the door is open both circuits lite up and then once the door closes you can control either side with the map light buttons.

10. ob269

ob269 New Member

^^ exactly what I want..
    Pm sent Terry..

11. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Get the Buggman LED panel then you have nothing to worry about

12. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Alright, I will when I get some more cash up. Right now I gotta save for the wheels if I ever get an email...

13. buggman

They have 2 circuits, one for the left half one for the right half.
    The map buttons will activate either half like the old map lights & they both will come on when the doors are open. :thumbsup:

More light than you can shake a light saber at.

I've got a couple led panels in the works now, but they're already spoken for... but I'll be modding more as soon as I get caught up.

14. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Alright, save me one for the OHC, and one dome light por favor lol

15. TomN

TomN RANGER!!!

The difference from stock to the LED is insane. Love mine.

16. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

How much were the OHC Light Panels again ?