"new" tonneau cover!

Discussion in 'Ranger Media' started by RoadRanger, Jul 4, 2012.

1. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

test fit my new-to-me tonneau cover today scince i had my buddie over. it used to be on his mazda so i figured he'd be able to figure out the crazy amount of brackets for it, lol. it's a 4 panel folding style cover, made from aluminum, and it needs paint BAD, but it's a really cool design, you can unlatch it from the outside, it locks, and it'll support over 400 lbs sitting on it, lol. best of all, it was FREE!:D

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

that is awesome

4. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

nice man, id love to get one that nice for free!!

5. cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

Sweet...if it was for a long bed...it might go missing ;)

6. OP
    RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

thanks guys. it's gonna need a ton of work before i really start using it, lotta little things need repalced, and the mounting bracket system is retartedly complex so i want to build something simpler, but overall it's an aswome cover. as far as we could tell it was on his truck scince it was new, so it's about 15 years old, and it's delt with ALOT of abuse in that time, lol.

7. cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

So whats the plans for repaint? Gonna just respray it, or bedline it?

8. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

That looks great man!

9. OP
    RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

gonna scuff the center panels and rattle can them gloss black, and try to buff out the framework a bit.

thanks man!