missingbolts

Discussion in '2.3 Engine' started by Michelle Sparks, Jan 8, 2022.

1. Michelle Sparks

Michelle Sparks New Member

I recently changed the valve cover gasket and clutch system on my 2003 ford ranger 2.3 L, 5spd. My Uncle and I were working on it and while he was working underneath the truck, I was unbuttoning the topside for the valve cover gasket replacement. To make a long story short, I wasn't able to finishe buttoning back up the topside and when I got truck back, it didn't run the same. First thing I noticed under the hood was the screws were not in the correct spots. Can someone give me the list of hardware needed for this?
    Also, the truck is now sputtering after I shift gears. This is the only vehicle I have me and my kids and I really need it running. I dont know where to start.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Papa P

Papa P New Member

Help me understand something . If you just replaced the valve cover gasket, what do you mean by screws? If you replaced the gasket and put the bolts back in the cover, the only thing you probably disconnected was vacuum lines. Check those first.