Lift Kit

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by Ryan4x4, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Ryan4x4

Ryan4x4 New Member

Hey i have an 03' Fx4 Level 2 and am looking to lift it 3+ inches. does anyone have a suggestion on how i should go about this

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Jelly's Ford

Jelly's Ford Riding High in the Saddle

There are several options...including a PA body lift that adds 3" of lift. This is the cheapiest lift, and is good for putting bigger tires on; it keeps your center of gravity down, but does not give any advantage over a stock suspension while offroading except for bigger tires and its a pain to redo your towing package so it's not hanging down since the body has been lifted and the suspension still in the same place. A Superlift 4" lift is good for 33" tires. It uses drop brackets to lift your suspension, but leaves your truck's torsion bars at the same place as stock. It gives you bigger tires and a beefier suspension. Third the RCD lift gives your truck a 5" lift in the front and 3" in the back. This is the best lift for a Ranger and of course the most expenisive. It totally replaces the torsion bar suspension with awesome coil springs and replaces the back suspension with bigger shackles. This lift gives you bigger tires, a sweet beefier suspension, and a total replacement of the crappy IMO torsion bar suspension. The body lift will run you about $300, the superlift $1400, and the RCD over $2000. Hope this helps ya man!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  4. Jelly's Ford

Jelly's Ford Riding High in the Saddle

In regard to my earlier post, there are two more options that I remembered. One is the camburg lift that gives alot of wheel travel and replaces the torsion bars much like the procomp lift. However, of course it costs even more than the procomp. Lastly, if you want a monster truck Ranger you can take the whole front end you truck out and do a solid axle swap. Most put like a dana 40 or bigger in the front. Then add locking hubs, all new steering, shocks, struts, haha everything lol. This is the best lift of all adding as much lift as you want and also doing the same in the back to lift it too with blocks, lifting leaf springs, etc. However all together could be even more expensive than the camburg.

Take Care,
    Jelly

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009