Leak on Passenger Side

Discussion in '1989 - 1992 Ford Ranger' started by petreussg, Mar 17, 2019.

1. petreussg

petreussg New Member

Hello everyone,

This is my first post and I'm new to the forum.

I have a 89 Ranger that has a leak on the passenger side. I can't tell exactly where the leak is coming from but when it rains my carpet is soaked. My theory is that the drain on the passenger side is plugged, but I can't for the life of me get it unplugged. I even took off the fender and tried to clean it, but nothing pours out of the passenger side, only the drivers side.

More information: Heater core was replaced and not leaking; it's water not antifreeze. Replaced weather stripping. Cannot see water stream in, just soaks into carpet over time. Cannot set temperature switch all the way to cold, it's hitting something in back of the dash; you can hear it behind the glovebox. I took a look and couldn't find what it's hitting (This may be completely unrelated, but I'm not sure).

Here is my question:
    • Does the 89 ranger even have a drain on the passenger side, or am I trying to clear something that doesn't exist?
    • If there is a drain, how do I clean it?
    • What else could be leaking?

Any advice? I'm getting ready to take it in to a shop, but would like to take another crack at it if I can get some ideas.

Thank you!

dseevv likes this.
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    petreussg

petreussg New Member

Well.

Finally found it. I was looking everywhere except for the most obvious location. My windshield was actually leaking in the corder.

dseevv likes this.