CL / ebay find: Interesting vairation of the Ranger... wtf?

Discussion in 'Ranger Forum Classifieds' started by 08 Ranger Sport 4X4, May 15, 2012.

1. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

08 Ranger Sport 4X4 New Member

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. wyman00

wyman00 5.0 Ranger driver

That doesn't look right

4. Nice, I like that . cool find Stephen

5. OP
    08 Ranger Sport 4X4

Actually found it over on another forum. Thought I would share with you guys on here. It is very interesting and definitely one of a kind. I'm still not sure if I like it or not.

6. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

Its not "one of a kind" but definitly unique! I think they make kits for these actually. Doesnt seem safe to drive a truck with a high center of gravity with no top lol

7. OP
    08 Ranger Sport 4X4

Unique = one of a kind... same thing man. You got my point.

8. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

cool find, kinda looks half assed tho lol IMO

9. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

There was once kits available to make a 'vert out of a truck.

Really popular in the big mini truck craze in the early 90's. I recall seeing ads for the kits in Truckin' back when I started reading it in about 1997. And back then, I thought the look was dated. lol. The modding was probably done when the donor truck was brand new.

In regards to it looking "unfinished"....it's the way the kits were done. Required less cutting and you don't have to worry about having to make that big long straight cut under where the back window used to be. And...makes for clean install of the soft top.

10. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

That looks soooooo safe! And isn't a convertible something you can put the top back on ? That is a chop top loo