I'll have 4x4 by Tues!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brinker88, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Well, as most of you know, I've been working my butt off trying to get my 4x4 working. To get it to work I've had to:

1) Replace 3rd member in front axle and replace axle shaft u-joints (finished)
    2) Find a front driveshaft and rebuild/install (finished)
    3) Replace transfer case shift motor (finished)
    4) Replace shot automatic hubs with lockouts (Purchased)

Only thing I need to do now is install lockouts and try to get the broken bolts out of the front yoke of the 3rd member. I bought new ones and when I went to install the driveshaft, 3 of the sunsabitches snapped off! (with a 1/4" drive ratchet!!!) :cry:
    I was actually thinking about tack welding the straps on where the bolts broke off since theres a new u-joint there anyway...what do y'all think?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Wow man, thats alot of work you did! I'm not familiar with that part dude so I have to say whatever you think is best for that one!

4. machine

machine Banned

with all that work and the truck being 18 years old, I would've just opted for purchasing a newer truck. But I'm not a mechanic and thats how I roll.

5. OP
    Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

It was a $400 truck. I've so far put $2000 into it (for everything) so for $2400 I have a 4x4 truck booking at around $5000 + whatever the mods and upgrades I have done to it.

6. wyman00

wyman00 5.0 Ranger driver

Keep up the good work. I like the truck!