Idle problem

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by Davidlprival, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Davidlprival

Davidlprival New Member

I have a 2.3 liter 1994 ford ranger ive changed plugs wires air idle control valve maf o2 sensor and it still wants to die when its idling,so i just baught a maf and when i unplug the maf sensor it seems to work fine i checked for vacuum leaks i dont what else to do can someone help me im broke now from throwing parts at it?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Jamey E

Jamey E Member

Have you tried unplugging the Throttle Positioning Sensor while the truck is running? That could be your problem

4. ZappyBear

ZappyBear Member

Check the "screw" that sets the idle rpm. It could be worn and worked the idle rpms down too low.