how to remove 60/40 center console

Discussion in 'Interior' started by mcdonald58, Jun 25, 2012.

1. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

im wanting to remove my center console since it is bent and maybe try and find a way to bend it back. what size torx is used to remove the bolt that holds it to the seat? thanks.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. pooleo

pooleo New Member

I think its a 55.

4. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

alright man thanks looks like i have to take a trip to home depot tomorrow then.

5. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

How did this work out ?

Was wondering what steps you took to remove the center console from the 60/40 seat ?

6. alpine_earthquakes

alpine_earthquakes New Member

To remove the console from the brackets there is a torques bolt under the plastic trim piece that covers the brackets. To remove the brackets that hold the console, you must remove the seat from the truck, under the seat there are 3 bolts, 10mm I believe. out should slide right out once you move the upholstery.

7. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

I ended up just putting my seat belt around the console to keep it closed and sometimes pull up on it to bend it back up.

8. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

If you wanted to remove the whole 40% section of the bucket and the console along with it.
    I changed my seats to Ranger Bucket Seat a while back and when I took the 60/40 out of my '03 EDGE I found I could unbolt the track which helped me out a lot since mine is a standard cab and the buckets came out of an Ext cab.
    Also I noticed that the 40% section of the driver's seat unbolted too.
    I do not know if this is a standard thing in all Ranger and what year yours is but mine unbolted.
    You will need to take the seat out of the truck and look under it to see what is needed to remove the extension.
    I think I had to take the seat back off first before taking the track out and then the extension.
    Also, I have. Posted this n a number of threads... on the '03, the driver's side track can be put on a passenger seat, all of the levers switch sides, there are two sets of holes. So if you find a good matching passenger seat, which is a standard bucket seat, it could be put in the driver's position, if the tracks unbolt like mine.
    The passenger seats do not have a lumbar support system but you might be able to switch the back to set that up, yes they are the same too in my '03 application.

Check out your seat to see what is up under there first then maybe you can have bucket seat on both sides of the truck.

Anyway you do it, luck with it.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012