Help please. With a 93 lock cylinder.

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by Rod, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Rod

Rod New Member

Help please I've have a 93 ford ranger with a lock cylinder problem. I start it if I release the key to run position it dies if I hold on to key an slowly ease it back between run an start it stays running. Don't know what to do from here. Help please thanks Rod

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. cacher

cacher New Member

Sounds like the "real" ignition switch down below the steering column. Ive replaced ignition locks, and havent heard of this with just the cylinder there in the column. Then again Im not a master mechanic either.

4. ZappyBear

ZappyBear Member

I do believe with my 93 I had there is still a rod and separate switch further down the column. I'll be able to confirm that when I pick up a '94 ranger later today. Like I had put in other replies recently, where's Mhoward? He knows pretty much everything when it comes to 2nd gen rangers.