Help needed!!!!

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by cookiemonster, Feb 13, 2012.

1. cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

So i was just outside looking at my truck, being that its covered in salt i can see the lines in the paint from the factory decals....I googled them and it came up as the stx decals. Is there anyway to tell if my truck is an stx? It's got me a little worried now, being that i just ordered a lift kit for it and they all say the lift kits wont fit on the stx's. The truck is a 93 4.0 4x4 manual, is there anyway to find out if its an stx! And if it is an stx what is the difference from the stx to the others and does anyone know why the lift kits wont fit on stx's? Speedy reponses would be greatly appreciated, so i know if i have to cancel the order for my lift kit!

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. greenmachine2000

greenmachine2000 New Member

4. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

The STX normally has the painted grill and bumpers,decal stripes on the sides of the body and STX sticker on rear of box and more often than not,driving lights under the front bumper.

I've never heard of the suspension being any different. TTB is TTB.

5. OP
    cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

i dont have any close ups....and even so you can barely see it, iv had the truck for over 2 months now and never noticed it

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. OP
    cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

It was a powerwashing truck before i bought it, you can see the lines going threw the decals from the power wash company.

7. ob269

ob269 New Member

Yeah, I see something about wash in the fourth pic..

8. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

I dont think it's an STX.

9. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Write down the VIN number and call a dealer, they will be able to tell you

10. OP
    cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

it has a painted grill, and bumper, it had the decals(just don't know if it said stx), and driving lights under the bumper. So yeah!

11. The bumpers and grille would normally be painted to match bud

12. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

Googled the vin

13. OP
    cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

this is what the outline looks like and this one doesn't have paint matched bumpers
    [​IMG]

14. Well then I stand corrected. I've seen a few around with matched bumpers, but it must have been custom work

15. OP
    cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

just type it in...or is there a process?

16. OP
    cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

Just called a couple ford dealerships in the area, they all told me there is no way to tell. through the vin. The one guy said that if i can see where the stickers were and it runs along the entire body then it is and stx. The stx models were the only ones with that decal. So looks like i got an stx i guess lol.

Thank you all for the help it is greatly appreciated!

17. Well, if you already ordered it maybe you can send it back and get the right one. If not, sell this one for what you paid, and order the other one. Good luck man!

18. OP
    cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

Im gonna see if everything will work once i get it. It should work but who knows, if not itll be for sale!

19. Good luck man

20. mfernandes

mfernandes Simply...FORD

yours an stx, 100% for sure man!

The stx decals changed in 95, the decal had a "Z" shape in the doors area.

Congratulations, you have a rare model of the 2nd. gen pal!

21. OP
    cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

Im about as possitive as i can be, it looks identical to the picture i posted above! Im gonna talk to a buddy of mine who has a vinyl shop and cutter and see if he'll make me a new one!