got my new rear Ranchos

Discussion in 'Suspension Tech' started by Diabolical Ranger, Apr 27, 2012.

1. well got the 2 rear RANCHO shocks today even came with the boots, plus a nice hefty piston /rod inside these things . My truck should ride like new again.

Guess I know what I am going to do either today or tomorrow lol

and the fronts are due in Mon.

So these red boots, just use 1 cable tie huh? never had shocks before that had boots. first time

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2012
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Sweet! When are they going on?

4. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Sweet!! And ya the bottom is held in by that little grove

5. going in today one down 1 to go, I love not having to deal with rusty nuts and bolts

oh, and does anyone know what this spare rim is off of? I would to get 3 more just like it

6. ok, both new shocks are installed, I gotta say this was the easiest truck to replace shocks on

7. seriouscoin1

seriouscoin1 New Member

Awesome! Let us know if you notice a ride difference!

8. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

MB Razors!!!

9. r those any good? never heard of em what did they come on?

10. the ones I took off were oem motorcraft 2001
    170,000 miles
    I can tell a difference when I sit on the tailgate now hahahaha

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2012
  11. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Take a look at your thread for these wheels specifically. :D

12. just took it for a spin, what a difference, I always thought I had a soft riding truck with a bounce haha these shocks do their job, which is to keep the tires on the road. they are a bit harder but I know after they break in that will loosen up but I would suggest these for sure.

13. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

nice job got any tips for me. im going to be purchasing some ranchos for my truck to replace my rusted out ones.

14. if you can get under your truck , you do not even have to jack it up.
    Spray the upper and lower bolts/nuts with penetrating oil , then I removed the bottome bolt first then the top and installed the new shocks starting with the top then mounting the bottom

super easy

15. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

ok man thanks a lot. im going to get it up on a lift so that i can get more leverage on the stupid rusted bolts. i have a feeling those are going to be the biggest pain and i might have to get new bolts. any tools that you recommend.

16. I used an air ratchet , but then I had no rusted bolts a regular ratchet would have worked on mine but I have air tools so I figure use them lol

17. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

alright sounds good i cant wait to get mine just have to figure out if they will work if i get a 1.5 in leveling kit up front. i will most likely use air tools since ill be taking it into my schools shop. ive been spraying wd on it for the past two days and am going to do it everyday until we do it so it shouldnt be too bad.

18. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

hey man i just installed my rear shocks. they ride great. but i noticed a problem. my shock boot on my passenger side is melting. i can smell melting plastic coming from it. it looks like im just going to cut it off. did you have this problem?

19. no problems at all, nothing melting. is it hitting the exhaust, do you have an exhaust leak that is blowing on it?

POST up some pics

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2012
  20. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

i ended up just taking a razor to them. i read that they are just cosmetic so ill just leave it off.

21. IDK, where you get snow and salt on the roads, I would want the rod covered
    morgan was selling some shock covers