Good Morning All

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Omni, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Omni

Omni New Member

I recently purchased my first Ranger, a 2011 XLT 4.0 4x4 with 24K on the clock. I am retired military (28+ years) and have a part-time gig at the local ORielly's delivering auto parts. That is where I first encountered Rangers as that is the vehicle that they use.
    After a couple of years and 175K those 2010 Rangers have performed with just routine changes. One of them still has the original battery. Anyway, I have been impressed by them so I bought one.
    From time to time I will ask questions as this is the first Ford I've owned in 40+ years.
    Thanks to all who respond.
    Omni

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Jmccaig

Jmccaig New Member

I just purchased an '09 XL, 4 L, V6 4x4 Ranger with just 8,400 km on the clock! It's a great size for my needs and gets up our rugged gravel driveway with no problems. So far no issues, but I'm thinking due to the low miles (it was driven once a month by the original owner) I feel I should do a tune up at least to ensure everything's running and in good shape.

4. DeanMk

DeanMk Member

That outfit should know better than to leave the same battery in a delivery vehicle for more than 5 years....however, if the staff is anything like the O'Reily's out here, its understandable....and I'm sorry you have to put up with those people.
    Welcome to the forum.

Dean