Gabriel 43167 Load Carriers for 2007 2WD

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by BillS, Mar 23, 2009.

1. BillS

BillS New Member

I have a 2007, 4cyl, 2WD, Long Bed that has a Reading aluminum utility body in the place of the stock Ford bed. The Reading came out 35# less then the steel Ford body, BUT with a full load of tools I come to within 400# of max GVW and the truck is level to a little tail down, when I add boxes of supplies it is tail down, but still within GVW. This Ranger was without the HD supsension package, as I couldn't get that at the time I ordered. No one lists spring assisted shock for the '07, in fact I can't find a listing for Gabriel or Monroe (the ones I have used in the past) on-line. I contacted Gabriel and they say use the Gabriel 43167 Load Carrier. Has anyone has any experience with this shock on a post '97 Ranger 2WD?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. 99Ranger4x4

99Ranger4x4 Truck Accessory Retailer

I haven't used that brand but I would assume that it would be close to the same as the Super Springs "ADD-A-LEAF" It actually adjusts to the amount of weight you put on your truck to keep it at the same height. Plus it is easy to install and no drilling of any kind. You might want to check them out.

4. OP
    BillS

BillS New Member

I have a set of "Add A Leaf" that I haven't installed yet after reading the instructions and hearing from others about the trickiness of the install. They will be my next to the last resort. Last resort would be a set of heavier springs off a junk yard wreck. The Gabriel 43167 is a shock with a coil spring helper - Monroe also makes them - it is suppose to add 500# to the rear suspension. (Monroe says 1200#, but I don't need that much)