Flowmaster super44 went on today

Discussion in 'Exhaust' started by Hooligan, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Well I got the 44 on today, no pics though lol. I am just disappointed cause it sounds like the 40. I know DJ said it may sound better when its broken in but I guess I have to wait and see but in my opinion, it isnt worth it.

I will be saving up for headers and a whole new exhaust system so I hope that will change some things.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. sorry to hear no change, headers will make a change for sure, just keep the db's down your a cop for god sake lol

4. Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

heads well chang.. i know it did on my rig

5. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

Dude that sucks you think it sounds like the 40

6. Franchi Motorsports

Franchi Motorsports Ranger Forum Vendor

I've had both 40 series and 44 series on various cars and to be honest, I wasn't able to tell the difference. Maybe if I heard them right next to each other I could but nadda. Speaking of, I just took a almost new 40 series off my 04 Mustang, I should post it up in classifieds as I only had it on for about a month before I swapped over to dual Mac straight pipe setup.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  7. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

thats cuz there is like no diff. i say this every time. our engines are to small for a diff to be heard. u want a loud super 44 buy a v8. srry it didnt make it louder clinton. my 40 series after 2 years sounds loud as hell. i got pulled over before christmas by a state cop for it. but he was fishing for something else.

8. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

I beg to differ. Most people think I dropped a smallblock down into my ranger with my exhaust setup.

Hedman Headers
    Gutted cat (just one of the two are gutted)
    Single 3" in to a Super 44 dual 2.5" pipe straight out the back with 4" silverline tips.

Thing literally rumbles like a V8.

9. Demon

yes thats if u mod it like that. and not just put a stupid 44 on a stock set up

10. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

....Does somone need a hug, demon?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  11. mossyoak03

mossyoak03 ONE BAMF

IMO, MBRP is the best exhaust system you can put on a ranger and it sounds good.

12. Demon

no i am just sick of people thinking they know it all. i aint saying i know it all either but i know alot about alittle

13. OP
    Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

i could use a hug right now

14. Captured Time

you got a wife for that clint dont come here looking for some touchy touchy this aint that kinda site lol

15. OP
    Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I just didnt want demon to feel left out

16. oh hell just poke some holes in that muffler it will give some roar!!

17. OP
    Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

lol...I may gut the cat!

18. Demon

lol i'll give u a hug

19. OP
    Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Bring it on sugar!!!

20. Captured Time

you boys aint right lol

21. Demon

since when did we say we were right in the head?