First ranger first 5speed

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by denotsosmI, Mar 11, 2019.

1. denotsosmI

denotsosmI New Member

Hello all, my name is Levi (M/25), I currently reside in Columbus Ohio, and I just bought my my first ford ranger last week. Its a 2002 XLT 3.0L V6 5speed 2wd Edge with 137,000 on it when I drove home from northern Ohio(A BIT RUSTY). It is the first manual I have owned personally. Going to be doing a mild prerunner build on this truck over time to fill my rally fascination. Hope to have a good experience in these forums. As I anticipate coming here for advice mostly, I will try not to ask too many needless questions, but certain things may require more explaining.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. DeanMk

DeanMk Member

Welcome Den! =)

In case you're curious, gear ratios for that 5-speed should be....

I - 3.72:1
    II - 2.20:1
    III - 1.50:1
    IV - 1.00:1
    V - .79:1

The rear axle features a 7.5" ring gear and the ratio is likely 3.45:1 (about 99% of the Rangers from that time had that ratio), although 3.73: and 4.10:1 was also available (I know! Chevy gears in a Ford? WTH?!).

...the tranny actually came from Mazda.
    Have fun with it! ;)

Dean