engine swap help???

Discussion in '1989 - 1992 Ford Ranger' started by danger ranger, Jan 8, 2010.

1. danger ranger

danger ranger New Member

blew up the 4 cyl i had in my 91 ranger. :( but i found a mid 80's 302 out of a grand marquis for cheaps from a guy i know locally. I'm just wondering if it would work in my ranger. and if it won't what year models do i need to look into to put a 302 in. the reason i'm wanting this particlular 302 is simple. it was in a car. it couldn't have been driven to awfully hard. and its has a free carburetor intake to go with it. i'm tired of messing with F.I. stuff and the computers. the less technology under my hood the better. I like to get stuff dirty and it just ruins the computer stuff. Any advice is appreciated!:thumbup:

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Teamexploder

Teamexploder Explorer Member

That's been done a lot. There is a conversion kit out there with motor mounts to get the motor in the truck. Remember you will also need a new transmission too, I believe I saw an adapter kit to make the 302 work with the 4banger transmission but that transmission won't hold up to abuse from a 302.