egr block

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mccaw69, Apr 28, 2009.

1. mccaw69

mccaw69 New Member

I saw on another site someone blocking off the egr valve to gain some HP and MPG,says gains in both depts. were moderate,and easily noticable while driving.Anyone else ever heard of this,or tried it?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. WesternPaRanger

WesternPaRanger New Member

I wouldn't do it.

4. Bill

Bill New Member

Sounds like the experimenting that went on 30 years ago. Didn't work then, doubt it will now.

5. OP
    mccaw69

mccaw69 New Member

I dunno,it kinda makes sense i guess,all an egr does is allow heated gasses from the exhaust into the intake,and we all know that cool air works better going through the intake,it's basically another one of those enviomental b.s. devices they were force to put on vehicles twenty years ago...but who knows,i'm still undecided about it.:blink: